The Women’s Wing of the Sabha was started in 1999, with the idea of preserving, nurturing and promoting the rich traditions of our culture, besides rendering support to the main activities of the Sabha. In the last eleven years, the Women’s Wing has been very active in achieving its goal, by involving itself in various activities of interest.
Annual programmes are conducted, like Pongal, Tamil New Year, Drawing and Painting Competitions for Mumbai’s school children, Poster Competition for college students, Navaratri and Rangoli Competition.
Other events include:
• Cookery Contests
• Flower Arrangement Demonstrations
• Lectures on Mudra Therapy
• Ashtanga Yoga
• Awareness Programs on buying and maintaining silk
• Information on RTI
• A talk on how to face a bereavement in the family
• A panel discussion on whether the activities of a housewife
is considered an economic activity
• Workshop on Skin Care
• Basics of Computers - classes for senior citizens (Sabha
The Women's Wing is headed by Smt. Santosh Rajan who is a dynamic member of the Managing Committee of the Sabha. She heads the Shanmukha Theatre Group and is credited with having directed a number of popular Tamil.